What are my possibilities?

KRUS normally offers two courses taught in English in the spring semester (January-June):

The modules are taught part-time, which means there will be three seminars, each lasting three days, over the course of the semester. The dates for the seminars will be announced closer to the beginning of the semester but most modules will end with an exam held in early June. We may allow for students to follow some of the teaching online. 

If you stay here for the full spring semester, we may be able to arrange for you to receive supervision on your bachelor’s dissertation from one of our academic staff.

There are no courses taught in English in the autumn semesters at KRUS. 

Who can apply?

You must be a student at one of the following international universities:

Requirements for international exchange students

International exchange students must:

  • be a student at one of KRUS's partner institutions (see "Who can apply?")
  • meet the general requirements for admission to universities and university colleges in Norway, called the Higher Education Entrance Qualification, as specified in the GSU-list
  • in addition, students must have achieved a minimum of 120 ECTS credits from a higher education institution and study programme recognised by NOKUT. More information on recognised programmes and institutions can be found in NOKUT’s country database


In order to apply, send an email to: opptak@krus.no 
You must apply by October 1st. 

In your email, you must specify which module you are applying to. The application must include a confirmation from your university that you are a student at the university, and that the university confirms your identity. You must also attach a diploma from higher education to confirm that you have achieved the minimum requirement of 120 ECTS credits.


As a student you need to decide whether you want to stay here all through the spring semester or whether you want to come to KRUS for the seminars only. We can be helpful finding a proper accomodation close to the University College if you want to stay for the whole semester.